Rape victim or extortionist? : Aarthi Rao finally granted anticipatory bail in the blackmail charges pending against her, but Court senses she is a flight-risk and demands her to surrender USA passport and report to CID every day.
If Aarthi Rao believed that she was a victim of abuse, why did she not file a complaint against His Divine Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda till 2009? Why does her name (a changed name), as well as her father’s name (also a changed name), appear in the chargesheet only in November 2010?
If Aarthi Rao was indeed afraid of Paramahamsa Nithyananda’s power, as she claimed, why did she not come out as a victim when Paramahamsa Nithyananda was illegally arrested and imprisoned? She could have even stopped His bail if she had a real story to tell. In fact, the CID interrogated 48 witnesses, including women, and clearly reported that not even a shred of evidence was found against Paramahamsa Nithyananda.
So did Aarthi Rao suddenly become a ‘victim’ after 1.5 years, only because her blackmailing plan did not succeed?
Months after Paramahamsa Nithyananda’s illegal arrest, when still no one had come forward as a ‘victim’, the CID got desperate. In an unheard-of move, they made public appeals in newspapers and on television, Facebook, and Twitter, asking for anyone who felt themselves to be Paramahamsa Nithyananda’s victim to come forward and register their complaints. They even offered to pay for the travel expenses of any ‘victim’ who came forward. In short, they were highly anxious to find a ‘victim’ and would have welcomed anyone who posed as one. If she was really a ‘victim’, why did Aarthi Rao not come forward even at that time, when she was assured of all support?
So why did Aarthi Rao wait those 8 months?
• Was she waiting for Ranjitha to succumb to the intimidation and threats she was getting, and come forward as the ‘victim’?
• Was she stepping up her blackmail game?
• Or was she waiting for her US citizenship to come through, so that she would have an escape route to the USA after filing the false rape complaint in India?
As per her chargesheet, Aarthi Rao suddenly discovered in 2009 that she had been raped for 5 years over 40 times across continents. Even if such a ridiculous statement were to be accepted, does it amount to rape?
Till the end, why didn’t Aarthi Rao file a complaint against Paramahamsa Nithyananda? Why did she come under the cover of a chargesheet witness?
• Was it because she knew very well that her false claims of rape wouldn’t withstand the basic medical test of the victim that is mandatory before a rape case can be registered?
• Or was she certain that her complaint would not even be accepted in court, and would be dismissed as it was in multiple states in the USA – from California in the West to Michigan in the East?
Why didn’t she agree to appear for a medical test at least after coming out on TV?
• Was she afraid that a medical test would reveal her own murky sexual history, including a combination of 4 highly contagious incurable STDs found only in professional sex workers?
• Was she also aware that the alleged accused, Paramahamsa Nithyananda, had undergone medical tests and had none of those STDs?
If Aarthi Rao was really a victim and not an extortionist, why did she run to get Anticipatory Bail in the case of extortion, blackmail and attempt to murder?
Why did the High Court of Madras make a strong observation on her statement, “If you don’t pay us the money for the (morphed) video, I will put a rape case on Swamiji”? Why did the Court order her to surrender her passport? Why did the Court order her to go to the CID every single day for interrogation?